This Jamaican Banana Bread Recipe is a real keeper. Everyone who tasted it loved it. You really can’t stop at one slice! Its Moist and delicious banana bread
Preparation time 20minutesCooking time 1hour
For 6 People
- 1/3 cup(s) of Margarine/butter
- 1/2 cup(s) of sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoon(s) of vanilla
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cup(s) of flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup(s) of raisins
- 1/2 cup(s) of milk or water (if desired)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Mix Margarine and granulated sugar, add beaten egg and vanilla.
- Mash ripe bananas and add to above mixture.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg, add with mashed banana mixture.
- Add raisins, mixture should drop easily from a spoon. If not, add a little water or milk until consistency is reached.
- Scrape mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake until golden brown, and a skewer inserted, comes out clean.